Haigney Restoration Ltd is a family based business which has been in operation for almost 40 years. Our reputation has been built on the quality of our work and the skill and expertise of our craftsmen. Our Director Kevin Haigney has completed a Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS) course and we have an independent Safety Consultant. We are members of the Construction Workers Pension Scheme (CWPS) and are in possession of a current Tax Clearance Certificate. There are two sides to our business, General Contracting and Specialist Lime Work.
Our portfolio includes refurbishment, extensions and new builds. We are particularly sensitive to conserving existing features where possible and are energy efficient conscious in both new builds and refurbishment/extensions. We have a team of skilled Carpenters who are adept at conserving joinery for re use and replicating to match existing where necessary. Our Stone Masons can rebuild, conserve and blend to match in with the remainder of a building.
Our most recent projects have included the complete refurbishment of a 3 storey and 5 storey period homes in Dublin 4:-
- Significant structural alterations were required including the removal of the existing perimeter rear wall of the houses to allow for new open plan extensions.
- Construction of a new basement under the rear garden with extension built above it.
- New Mechanical and Electrical systems including thermo dynamic units, pressurized heating systems, air conditioning and heat recovery ventilation and Control 4 Automation were installed.
- Windows completely refurbished using specialist contractors
We specialize in conservation and restoration in all sectors of the market, public, private and commercial. We were one of the first contractors in Ireland to use Natural Hydraulic Lime applied by traditional methods.
We have worked with the Office of Public Works (OPW) on many historic buildings throughout the country, including Rathfarnham Castle, Kilmainham Court House and Aras an Uachtarain in Dublin, Oldbridge House in Drogheda, Bishops Palace in Kilkenny and Castletown House in Celbridge.
We are members of the Irish Georgian Society and have restored a number of properties in the Dublin area and throughout Leinster.
We are very experienced in:
- The application of Lime render in a variety of finishes and forms, Rough Cast Harl finish, Smooth Float finish and Ashlar Rule finish, Straight Curved, Arched, Run in Situ, etc.
- The restoration of Lime and Lath ceilings and walls,
- Running Mouldings in situ
- The restoration of decorative plaster centre pieces and friezes where required
- Pinning Ceilings